Thursday, March 3, 2011

ESL writing blog 5

Eat Healthy
There are two popular/famous coffee shops in Prince George, Starbucks Coffee and Tim Horton’s. Both provides variety kinds of coffee and food; however, it is tough to manage our desire for all the temptation, especially who those are on diet. Many people don’t know how much calories they are taking, everyday, and how much calories the food contains. Do you know how much calories of things that you eat? I try to manage the calories which I eat; I look for nutrition guide at store even in a coffee shop.   A cup of coffee without any sweetener and milk is less than 10 calories, but, I prefer different flavor, such as: Mocha, Latte, etc. The calorie jumps up extremely higher when the black coffee changes into special flavored coffee. For instance, I love White Mocha. Unfortunately, its calories is 400, which worth eating 6 inch sandwich from SUBWAY! However, Starbucks Coffee makes customer possible to manage their drink’s calories.  “Skinny” Latte and “Light Blended” Frappuccino reduce 100 calories compared to regular Latte and Frappuccino keeping its taste.  Ordering tea would be another option. Starbucks has variety kinds of tea as much as coffee. Tea costs less than coffee, and has fewer calories than coffee. Using honey would cut more calories than using sugar, and it is healthier.
                Also, Tim Horton’s has better variety of food compared to Starbucks. It could be for breakfast, light supper, or snacks.  Sandwiches, soups, wraps are some of the examples that contains vegetable, meat, and carbonyls. For example, Healthy Vegetable soup, sesame seeds beagle worth only 340 calories, which is lower calories than drinking large hot chocolate! They also have law-fat, fiber contained products such as beagles and muffins.  It could be another option to shift the food in to healthier way. It would be better choice to eat something that has higher calorie, but that is nutritious.
                Managing my health is one of my roles in order to stay in shape and to focus on my studying.  It is becoming one of my hobbies that to check nutrition and calculate total calories for each day.

8 comments:

  1. After read your blog, I konw more about the coffee. I want to lose weight, so next time, I won't choose the coffee with too much calories. By the way, I like the cookies in Tim Horton's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your information given in your blog.Actually it's very helpful for people who are in diet.Honestly, i dont like either Starbucks or Tim Hortons' food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a funny hobby. I like your life style. I think I will notice the calories of food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a coffee shop called "starton"? I think that shop will satisfy both coffee and food. Indeed, I have known the feature of two coffee shops by reading this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t know much about coffee, and your blog gave me lots of information. I also think your life style is very healthy. It gave me some ideas about losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always know that coffee has lots of calories, however, sometimes I would like to chose a cup of hot chocolate. It can warm me up in cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Tim Horton’s. However,I am afraid of becoming fat,so I only drink once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading this article, I learned lots of things, and i think I will not drink too much coffee anymore because I want to keep figure

    ReplyDelete